Friday, November 21, 2008

Reading

One of our traditions for spring break, Nicole and I would go to Borders at Columbia Center. Nicole was great reader, liked books. She would take her time to make her selection. Spring break '07, she choose a 4 book series, "The English Roses" by Madonna. The book were about young girls, their lives and friends. The first book of the series was a journal, Nicole had written in her answers. I enjoyed watching make her thoughtful selections at Borders, and then reading during our time, together.

Spring break '08, Nicole read in the car, traveling to and from Jeff's house. She was a good rider, even for 300 miles. We did get delayed on the pass, due to a snow slide. It was sunny and warm enough to sit in the car without the engine running. We chatted during that time. On the return trip, Gary, Meggen and I drove Nicole back home. Nicole was watching her DVD and had her arm around Meggen. It looked like Meggen was watching the DVD with Nicole. I was knitting a scarf for the bear, that I knit during spring break. Got it finished on the drive. Stitched the eyes and nose on the bear at Jeff's house. So, the bear was finished and stayed with Nicole.

"The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young seems to be reading material for our family, now. It has been on the bestsellers list. A couple of friends mentioned the book to me. Jeff heard an radio interview about the book. Julie and I each bought the book at Costco, last month. Jeff had finished it. Julie started reading it, last night. I am a little way into the book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi JoLynn, I read "The Shack" .. what did you think of it? I thought it had some wonderful parts. Love Irene

JoLynn said...

I have not finished the book, yet.