Sunday, June 19, 2011

Baseball

Friday, I met Donna in Seattle for Seattle vs Philadelphia baseball game. Donna and I have gone to a few games for the several years. It was an exciting game, Seattle won 4 to 2. We had good seats behind home plate, slightly to the third base side on the field level. Donna and I knit at the games, except when it is too exciting. The peanut vendor, who tosses bags of peanuts across rows, asked if I would knit him a pair of socks. I just laughed, he did too. The guy next to Donna tried for a scarf, a hat and slippers for Donna to knit him. He was kind of entertaining, too.
I did buy myself a new Mariner hat for this year in honor of Dad. Dad had a collection of baseball style hats. I am not sure if he would have liked the background on the hat that looks likes argyle socks, but I do.

No comments: