Sunday, March 10, 2013

Knitting Camp

I have returned from my yearly knitting camp.
Getting to camp was a bit challenging.  The car was running rough and the check engine light was on, so I dropped it off at the dealer, after Sock Sunday, a week ago.  One part arrived on Wednesday, the other part arrived on Friday.  Friday, I got a ride to town with my camping gear, traveling light (only 2 knitting projects).  Had to wait a bit for the car, but I had knitting.  Got the car, filled it with gas and a coffee for me and head to camp, which is not far.  Well, the check engine light came on, so I drove back to the dealer and they were out of loaner cars.  So, can I get a ride to camp?  Sure, they have a stretch limo, I got my ride to camp.  Fellow campers were disappointed and had wished I called to say I would be arriving in a limo, they said they wanted to come greet my arrival.
Got a ride to Mount Vernon with Donna, today.  Gary and the dogs picked me up. 
Hopefully, we are in for a week with one car, again.
Camp was good, nice to catch up with friends, have a weekend of knitting with our meals prepared for us.

No comments: