Monday, February 9, 2009

Rambling opinion

I have read 2 novels about loss and grief. One is "The Shack" by Wm Paul Young, the other is "In the Unlikely Event of a Water Landing" by Christopher Noel. I am sharing my thoughts on these books. "The Shack" is about a loss of a child, the other book is about a loss of an adult partner. "The Shack" had about 50 pages of background of loss, all the scattered thoughts, feelings in the grieving process, then the rest of the book pulled together his healing process.
"In the Unlikely Event of a Water Landing" rambled on and on with his story of loss, scattered thoughts, then pulled together his healing journey for the last 30 pages. He, then revisited some of the details of her accident and interviewed a nurse that was with her at the hospital. Many times, I thought why I am reading this, I should just give up reading this jumbled up book. I did finish this book. I would not recommend it to anyone going through the grief process, as they are already in the scattered thought process. I would find it hard for anyone, who is grieving to not recognize their disorganized thoughts. This is just my opinion.

No comments: