Thursday, August 13, 2009

Post Sock Summit

I was schedule to work as a dental hygienist on Tuesday. The work load was light for Tuesday, so I jumped at the option for a day off. yipee. Around 11: am, I called in sick for work on Wednesday, it was apparent, I had a cold/flu bug. So, spent the day blowing my nose, sneezing and coughing. Wednesday morning about 8: am, I called in sick for today, Thursday. The nose drainage has slowed. I may only take 1 or 2 naps, instead of yesterday's nap total of 4.

I even knit a bit, last night, which was the first since Sunday in Portland.

I started a new novel in Portland, it is "The Theory of Clouds" by Stephane Audeguy. Originally, printed in Paris in 2005, translated in 2007. I found this book at Village Books in Bellingham, a friend from Ocean Shores and I meet at the book store for a visit and lunch. The book jumped into my hands, it is beautifully written. I will ask Susan, if she wants to read it, after I finish and the cold bugs have disappeared.

I am still energized from sock summit. Wanting to study books and knit, knit, knit.

No comments: