Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wandering Mind

On September 15, 2008, Jeff, Sharon, Craig, Julie and I were invited to a balloon release at Nicole's school. All the 5th graders were outside, sitting in a big circle. The music teacher played some recorded music. The principal spoke about loss, healing and caring. Into the center of the circle, Jeff and Sharon along with Tom (Nicole's teacher) released balloons, blue, white, some leopard colors. The school color and mascot balloons were slowly released and soared away. We didn't take a camera, but at one point Jeff said the balloons floated into a star shape. I do wonder about the healing of Nicole's classmates.

2 comments:

Susan said...

When people come to my mind like that I think they are coming to my mind for a purpose so I pray heartfeltedly for whoever it is. The children will always think of Nicole their whole life through, don't you think?

JoLynn said...

I hope the classmates, friends will cherish their memories of Nicole. And find some joy in the memories, too.